Many times, I have been asked, what to do if someone has cast an “evil eye” on me. Kissi ki nazar lage toh kya karna chahiye.
The first thing to do is to not bother about it. Gurudev had once said, this is all simply on the periphery and will just vanish in no time. He said any sort of “curse” is always peripheral and will go away very fast. However, a blessing comes from deep within and will stay for a very long time!
Having said this, there are a few things you can do if you are feeling that you are the victim of an evil eye. Typically you will see that for absolutely no reason, you are being unwell, losing money, having minor accidents, friends not talking to you, etc. It could of course mean you have been in too many polluted places, too many shopping malls or are being careless and simply not being nice to people around you. However if that’s not the case, then it could be some petty jealousy of someone has rubbed off on you and you have become the victim of an “evil eye”.
- Super regular Sadhana, Seva and Satsang will blow anything negative away from you!
- Go for a dip in the sea. Or take a full body bath with salt water few times a week.
- Get someone, typically an elder woman (it works great with younger ones as well) to do the nullifying the evil eye ceremony on you (Nazar uttarna). Or go to a priest you know well and ask him to do it for you.
- If you know the Guru Pooja, chant it once a day.
- Chant Om Namah Shivaya everyday. It is very powerful protection, but it needs to be done every day. It is said that even if you have chanted consistently for 10 months and then missed a day, you will have more or less nullified it’s power.
- Keep a tiny photo of Gurudev on your person.
- Wear some gold.
- Do house cleaning. Chuck everything you don’t use or don’t require. Or sell it all on eBay!
- When you know you are feeling really good, or looking really nice, wear a black mark somewhere on your body.
Sometimes, it’s just time for you to be unlucky … Wait it out, and sooner or later you will be fine. While waiting, definitely do No. 1!
Coming to ashram and sitting for a Pooja, or getting a Pooja done will help very big time.
PS All this sounds extremely superstitious, until it happens to you … Hopefully you never have to bother about any of the above and this post is totally irrelevant to you. Pray that it remains that way! 🙂